But that canned, concentrated, frozen, powdered stuff from the super market is loaded with artificial flavours, colours, and tons of sugar. A drink we should definitely avoid. Luckily I have just the fix!
- Aids in digestion
- Boosts the immune system with a blast of vitamin C and antioxidants
- Balance your pH - even though lemons are acidic on the outside once consumed they become an alkaline food in your stomach
- Prevent cancer - the citrus limonoids have anti-cancer properties
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Supports weight loss - pectin fiber in lemon juice aids in weight loss
Pretty amazing hey?!
Now the kicker to lemonade is the sugar. We want to eliminate as much sugar from our diet as possible is it is one of the leading contributors to obesity, inflammation, and degenerative disease.
Stevia is a zero calorie natural sweetener that actually HAS health benefits...coming to the blog soon;) The only kicker to stevia is finding the right brand so the flavour is enjoyable. Some brands have a strong aspartame taste.
Let's jump into the recipe!
- Juice from 1/2-1whole lemon (depending on how tart you want your drink)
- Juice from 1/2-1 whole lime (depending on how tart you want your drink)
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder (I used stevia green leaf powder which is way my picture has a slight cloudy appearance)
- 12 oz water
- Cut the lemon in halves and squeeze the juice into a glass. It works best to run the juice through a strainer or your fingers so you can catch the lemon pits.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the glass.
- Add stevia.
- Add water and stir until throughly mixed.
If you are looking for a healthy mix for your next alcoholic beverage look no further;)
Live Your Best Life!