Your kitchen will smell wonderful as you are making this delicious dessert and your spouse/family/friends will love you for it ;)
Here it is!
Almond Flour Pie Crust:
2 1/2 Cups almond meal/flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir until blended. Press evenly into glass or ceramic pie dish. Bake for 15 mins or until slightly golden brown. Remove and cool while cooking pie filling.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie filling:
4-6 stalks of rhubarb chopped
2 Cups of fresh strawberries sliced
Zest of a lemon
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 Cup coconut palm sugar + 1tbsp Agave
3 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or another thickening agent)
3 Tbsp water
1. Heat rhubarb in medium sized saucepan over medium heat until softened. About 8-10 mins.
2. Add the zest, cinnamon, coconut palm sugar and agave, cook for 2 more mins.
3. Add the strawberries, cook for 2 more mins.
4. Mix the arrowroot and water in a small bowl and create a slurry.
5. Remove the rhubarb mixture from the heat and slowly mix in the slurry to thicken.
6. Allow to cool slightly before pouring into the pre-cooked pie crust.
Serve with whipping cream on top!!! Enjoy :)