Cinnamon buns are a favourite in any household but let's be honest, they are a glycemic time bomb that puts any metabolism into a meltdown.
Well here is a new healthier twist on an old fav'!
All credit for this recipe goes to her and her amazingness!
If you want to check out more of here delicious recipes click here.
- 2 and a half cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt in a medium sized bowl. Make sure you remove any lumps.
- Combine 1/4 coconut oil (melted), 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, and 1/4 coconut palm sugar in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mix well, then cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper, place the dough in between, and flatten the dough into a rectangular shape using a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle this mixture over the flattened dough then carefully roll it up using the parchment paper as assistance.
- Cut the dough into approximately 12-15 pieces with a serrated knife or better yet by wrapping the dough with a string a pulling tight.
- Places pieces onto cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. I found they were a little better when baked around 16 minutes.
- Finally, in another small bowl combine 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted), 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls.
Live Your Best Life!