Who doesn't love some french toast on a Sunday morning. Better yet banana bread french toast.
If you have yet to experience these nuptials I would recommend stop what you are doing and make your way to the kitchen immediately!
- 4 eggs + 2 eggs for every 2 slices of french toast
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) + 1 tablespoon for french toast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. It works best to grease the pan with coconut oil first.
- Mash the bananas until smooth.
- Mix together the the bananas, grated zucchini, and coconut milk.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut oil, eggs, an vanilla and blend (using a hand blender) until smooth.
- Add the banana mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl mix the coconut flour, almond flour, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to blend until smooth.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from over and let cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Banana bread is finished!
To make your french toast:
- On the stove heat a pan to medium and melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Slice 2 pieces of banana bread in about 1 inch slices.
- In a bowl whip 2 eggs. It works best to use a large enough bowl for the slices of bread to lay completely flat.
- Make sure to coat each side liberally with the egg.
- Place the bread into the pan and cook each side for approximately 2-3 minutes or until brown.
- Enjoy with a butter and a little maple syrup or better yet coconut nectar!
Live Your Best Life!