This incredible, uber healthy, soothing drink, is a an anti-inflammatory powerhouse that comes loaded with health benefits. From improved digestion to a even potential protection from cancers, this delicious drink should be high on your list.
She was running thorough her daily nutrition "schedule" at Sanoviv and mentioned that before breakfast everyone would have a cup of golden milk.
The second she brought it up I made a mental note to research what the hell golden milk was. After all, it does sound a little strange don't you think?
What is Golden Milk?
Now turmeric on it's own has a very earthy, lightly spicy, bitter flavour. I personally do not love it. But you can add a few ingredients to the drink that really make it taste damn delicious.
Why drink it?
Honestly until digging a little more into what golden milk is and the benefits of turmeric I must admit I had no idea that this spice was so incredibly healthy. Here are a few of the health benefits associated with turmeric...
- Add 1/2 cup water into a small saucepan on the stove.
- Add 1/4 cup turmeric powder to the water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to the mix. This makes the curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) 2000% more bioavailable.
- Gently heat and stir until a paste has formed.
- Transfer paste into a jar to store in the fridge.
- Add 1 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk in a sauce pan on the stove.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of the turmeric paste.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Finally, add 5 drops of liquid stevia for sweetness.
- Gently heat on the stove constantly stirring.
- Once warm remove and enjoy!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think?
Live YOUR Best Life!