This chocolate cake recipe is not only gluten free and is packed with healthy dark chocolate but it tastes delicious and the texture is like biting into a thick piece of fudge.
WARNING...it is super chocolatey!
- 2 + 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (minimum 70% cocoa)
- 1 + 1/4 cups coconut oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup butter (preferably grass fed)
- 1 cup honey
- 5 eggs (preferably free-range)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mix the 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut oil, and 1/2 cup honey together in a double broiler, heat over medium, and continually mix ingredients until completely melted.
- Once melted remove and let cool.
- Mix the eggs and vanilla extract and add to the chocolate mixture once it is cool.
- Add almond flour to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch pans with the bases lined with parchment paper. Grease the sides of the pans with butter.
- Fill each pan with the cake batter and bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked put cake into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1 and a half cups of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 3/4 cup butter, and 1/2 cup honey into a double broiler, heat over medium, and continually mix until completely melted.
- Once completely melted put mixture into freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove and beat mixture with a blender. Place in freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times until mixture is thick.
Putting It All Together
- Place one cake down and cover with approximately 1/4-1/2 inch of icing.
- Place second cake on top and put the remaining icing on top of cake.
- Put the cake into the fridge for about 30 minutes to let in all cool and set. The longer you can resist the better...the cake will become a fudge like texture.
Live Your Best Life!